The -- field notation for bxp Forms
From All n One's bxp software Wixi
|The -- notation||Standard replacements||The -- notation for bxp forms||Special replacements|
When using a form in bxp software (bxp), there are times you will need to dynamically replace content. This most often seen in the external and intra communications processes used in an outcome.
For example, you wish your outcome to send a text message that dynamically pulls information from the current record and puts it into the body of the message.
This is possible through the -- notation and using field mapping.
2 Worked example
Say for example our Form Id is 6. We use the field mapping table to figure out what field we want to replace.
In this case, let's say we want the customers First Name, which is in field strCDA_6_field_0_1
So we want our email to pull whatever is in field strCDA_6_field_0_1 and put it into our email.
We need to create our email.... so we say:
Thank you for calling today. We hope you enjoyed your experience.
Please call again soon.
Kind regards bxp software
We use the -- notoation with the field name in order to do the replace.
This replacement can be done with as many fields as you like.
You can reuse the same field numerous times in the same email... all replacements will be made.
Now we just pop it where it can be used.
3 Locations that support the -- replacement notation
3.1 Form Management > Outcomes
- External Communication > External SMS Communication > External SMS BCC field
- External Communication > External SMS Communication > External SMS Body
- External Communication > External Email Communication > External BCC field
- External Communication > External Email Communication > External Body
- Intra Communication > Intra SMS Communication > Intra SMS BCC field
- Intra Communication > Intra SMS Communication > Intra SMS Body
- Intra Communication > Intra Email Communication > Intra BCC field
- Intra Communication > Intra Email Communication > Intra Body
- Instant Transfer - External System > Data
- Instant Transfer - Campaign > Send Data
- Mail Merge > Comms template to use for mail merge
3.2 Communications Centre
- SMS Sending > Campaign - Send a Campaign SMS > Body
- Text Only Email Sending > Campaign - Send a campaign plain text email
- HTML Email Sending > Campaign - Send a campaign rich text email
- Mail Merge > Campaign - Create Labels
- Mail Merge > Campaign - Create Letters
- Templates > Body