Security - OWASP Top Ten testing
From All n One's bxp software Wixi
The OWASP Top Ten is a powerful awareness document for web application security. The OWASP Top Ten represents a broad consensus about what the most critical web application security flaws are. Project members include a variety of security experts from around the world who have shared their expertise to produce this list.
It is urged for all companies to adopt this awareness document within their organization and start the process of ensuring that their web applications do not contain these flaws. Adopting the OWASP Top Ten is perhaps the most effective first step towards changing the software development culture within your organization into one that produces secure code.
2 Kali Linux
At All n One we utilise the Linux based penetration testing operating system KALI. Kali OS comes loaded with lots of different testing tools.
3 OWASP ZAP
All n One use OWASP ZAP to allow us to find these OWASP issues and then mitigate against them. This process is conducted Monthly.
The OWASP Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP) is an easy to use integrated penetration testing tool for finding vulnerabilities in web applications.
ZAP provides automated scanners as well as a set of tools that allow you to find security vulnerabilities manually.
Some of ZAP's functionality:
- Intercepting Proxy
- Traditional and AJAX spiders
- Automated scanner
- Passive scanner
- Forced browsing
- Dynamic SSL certificates
- Smartcard and Client Digital Certificates support
- Web sockets support
- Support for a wide range of scripting languages
- Plug-n-Hack support
- Authentication and session support
- Powerful REST based API
- Automatic updating option
- Integrated and growing marketplace of add-ons
Some of ZAP's features:
- Open source
- Cross platform
- Easy to install (just requires Java 1.7)
- Completely free (no paid for 'Pro' version)
- Ease of use a priority
- Comprehensive help pages
- Fully internationalized
- Translated into a dozen languages
- Community based, with involvement actively encouraged
- Under active development by an international team of volunteers