Retire/Unretire a User
From All n One's bxp software Wixi
The pricing model for the bxp software system has always been based on active users in the system. Systems are built with an agreed upon user limit that cannot be breached. What happens then, if a user has left employment and is no longer using the system? The 'Retire User' function allows System Champions to remove inactive users from the system, to allow other new users to be introduced.
Now think, what if a person that had previously left comes back, or if a user that had left a department comes back again? Instead of going through the hassle of having to re-enter all of the details again, there is a function in the bxp software system, that allows you to 'unretire' users and make them active again.
PLEASE NOTE: Only a System Champion with sufficient access rights, will be able to complete either of these two processes.
2 How to Retire a User
Please follow these steps:
- From the Main Menu, go to System Access Management | User Administration | Edit User - Security Details
- Load the profile of the user in question
- From the Status drop down menu, select the Retired option | scroll to the bottom | click Update the User
Please note that when a user is retired, that person's name will not be selectable in the system. It will however appear in any historical reports that may be run for the period during which they were active
3 How to Unretire a User
3.1 - Method 1
Please follow these steps:
- Click the "Click to Show/Hide Retired List | find the user in question | click the edit button beside their name
- On the next screen, click the dropdown arrow for 'Status' and change to 'LIVE'
(please note that this screen will allow you to edit any other piece of information about the user)
- Once finished all required editing, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click 'Update the User'
3.2 - Method 2
- From the Main Menu, go to System Access Management | System Management | Group User - Modify Details (Retired Users)
- Type in the Firstname and/or Surname of the retired user (or simply click 'Lookup User' to get a list of all retired users and select the required name) | press enter (or place a tick beside the person you need to unretire)
- In the top drop down menu, select 'Status'
- In the second drop down menu, select 'Live' | click 'Continue'
PLEASE NOTE: Depending on the amount of time since the unretired user has been active in the system, it may be necessary to grant them access to any material or forms that have been created since they last logged in.
4 Analysing Retired Users
There is a report for analysing retired users available Main Menu > System Access Management > Security Reports > Security - Retired User