From All n One's bxp software Wixi
A form in bxp software (bxp) has numerous useful capabilities. Amongst the most effective of these tools is logic.
Logic management is the process of adding "logic" to a script.
This approach can also be called:
- Advanced Logic
- Branch Logic
- Conditional Logic and Branching
- Logic Branching
- Skip Logic
To provide a very simple example : If a user has a yes / no box. If yes, then we want to ask question 2. If no, then we want to ask question 3. This is "logic" in a script.
Logic can be implemented in a Form using one of two methods.
- bxp since Release 8 has an inbuilt logic management creation engine. Click here to learn how to use this engine : Form_Self_Generating_Logic
2 Troubleshooting logic
In order to troubleshoot logic, there are a couple of major steps that can be followed.
1. Get the project plan / logic flow. Reading the original documentation is the starting point. From this you can test if the output matches what was originally designed.
3. Check all of the questions and see if their "Initially Visible" status is true or false. This is important for figuring out when the question shows.
4. Check the questions Active status. Inactive questions are not even drawn to the form.
5. Check the onChange, onFocus and onBlur of questions, as well as the onLoad of the form to make sure there are no other custom scripts running on the page that might interfere with the shows and hides.
6. Section Groups and Inline Tabs perform mass show / hide functions. Check if they are involved. For a script with logic its best to avoid grouping up in a section group.
8. Run the html of the page through the W3C validator tool. All the code should be XHTML1.0 compliant. Again, proper HTML means things will show and hide properly.
9. If you prefer you can ask the bxp support team to review for you, but this will probably be a chargeable event as we're fixing your code for you. Often the feedback and learning from doing this is useful as it's like having your own private team working on your code for you.