HTML Editing Area
From All n One's bxp software Wixi
bxp software (bxp) has a few areas throughout where rich text can make things look more visually attractive (bold, italics, fonts, etc.) In order to do this on a web system it needs a special tool to create HTML code. bxp has a HTML editing tool built into it based on Steven Ewings code. The bxp version has been heavily edited in the background to make it work within bxp.
If you prefer to write your own rich text html using your favourite HTML editing tools (Dreamweaver, Notepad++, etc), then you can easily drop your code in instead. Alternately the tool below creates the HTML for you.
At the bottom there are three buttons Design, Code and Preview.
- Design allows you to modify and easily edit content
- Code allows you to modify the HTML directly or paste in your own code created elsewhere.
- Preview allows you to see the output without the design buttons
The use of the area is similar to the use of Microsoft Word for editing.
Please note that copy and pasting from programs such as word may add HTML code which you don't want, specifically a number of MSO tags which are not visible in the design view.
2.1 Bar 01
- Font Face: These are cross browser compatible fonts that should be available on the vast majority of machines: Arial, Arial Black, Arial Narrow, Courier New, Century Gothic, Comic Sans MS, Impact, Tahoma, Times New Roman, Trebuchet MS, Verdana
- Font Size: HTML font sizes work differently to the Word pixel size based fonts.
- Font Colour: 40 colours
- Strike Through
- Left Justify
- Centre Justify
- Right Justify
- Horizontal Rule: A separating line which can be used as a divider in the body
2.2 Bar 02
- Add Hyperlink
- Remove Hyperlink
- Insert URL reference to image
- Remove formatting
- Insert Table
- Insert column before
- Insert column after
- Insert row above
- Insert row below
- Delete column
- Delete row
- Numbered list
- Bullet list
- Paragraph Indent
- Paragraph Outdent
- Cut selection
- Copy selection
- Paste selection
2.3 Bar 03
- Print contents
- Select all in area
Version: FreeRichTextEditor.com Version 1.00. License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/ Description: RunTime File. Author: Copyright (C) 2006 Steven Ewing https://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=5268&lngWId=14