Gamification - Scores Program
From All n One's bxp software Wixi
A Scores scheme is a gamification approach through the Gamification module. The idea is that outcomes in forms give a score to a person resulting in leaderboards.
2 Create a Scheme
2.1 Step 1. Create a Scheme
Main Menu > Gamification > Gamification Management > Scheme Create
- Name: Test
- Active: True
- Engine: Scores
- Window: All
- Scores - Engine: Sale[--X--]True[--X--][--Y--]Save[--X--]True[--X--][--Y--]
To explain these, name and active are pretty self explanatory.
Engine as Scores, is because this is an Scores program
Window. How long will the scores accumulate. Some schemes have weekly leader boards where some are monthly. Window is the time frame to accumulate points.
Scores - Engine. If you want to customise for WHAT people get the score, you can. In this example the scheme will allow point awarding for Sales and Saves. Each item is split by a [--Y--] at the end. Each item has three parts, split by the [--X--].
- The first part is the keyword for the score.
- The second word is True or False, meaning can these items be posted as public.
- The last section although blank allows for an email address or a key work of "recipient", "all" or a custom email list. These are the people who will be notified by email if points have been allocated to them. The system will use the email address set up on each users account. If you put a custom list in but one of the addresses is --recipient-- then it'll be replace by the address of the recipient.
The rest of the fields are to do with other types of schemes so can be left blank.
Click "Add Scheme" and your scheme is created.
2.2 Step 2. Grant Access
Only people who've explicitly been granted access to a scheme can participate. If you're following the process from above click on "Click here to grant users access to this Scheme". Alternately you can access the add system through
Main Menu > Gamification > Gamification Management > Security - Grant Scheme access to users > Lookup the scheme > Select the scheme >
For the purpose of this demo make sure you include yourself and one other account. Don't add everyone yet as you're testing. When you want to go live you can go back in and add as many further users as you like.
Quite simply click the users you wish to include in your Scheme. When ready click "Save and continue". Don't worry about double selecting users, as the system sensibly manages those who are included in the scheme.
N.B. Having access to a form does not automatically give you access to the scheme. It must be explicitly granted.
2.3 Step 3. Integrate with a form
Getting a score is linked to outcomes. You must edit an outcome on a form.
Main Menu > Form Management > Form - Outcome Manager > Outcome - Edit > Choose the form > Choose the outcome > Data Management > Custom Processing Parameters >
In here you put
- Gamification[ [--b--]]7[ [--b--]]10[ [--b--]]Sale[ [--b--]]Demo Sales Data[ [--b--]]Public[ [--a--]]
To explain each item
- First word must always be Gamification
- The Scheme Id comes next
- How many points for this score
- If you using points for different item types, the keyword goes here. In the example above we have Sale or Save.
- The data allows you to put custom explanation data in here if needed.
- Public or Private when revealing the hows to other leaderboard participants.
N.B. If the score doesn't add, check permissions. No error is displayed for lack of permission. All parameters must be exact for the engine to be executed.
2.4 Step 4. Check its working
Your scheme is now set up and ready to use. Lets have a look at what most users will interact with.
Main Menu > Gamification > My Account > My Status >
Your screen will list all of the schemes you are involved in.
From here you examine your leaderboard.
For testing please remember you can only give points to another person. So you will need to log into the other persons account to redeem against points allocated.