Demonstration - Demo Contact List
From All n One's bxp software Wixi
For demonstration and testing purposes especially for outbound work it can be difficult to come up with demo data.
To save you some work, we've scoured around the Internet and gathered a few ideas for you.
For real lists there are numerous sources you can use:
- Your Outlook Contacts - Here are some useful tutorials with step by step instructions
- Your iPhone Contacts - http://www.copytrans.net/support/how-to-export-iphone-contacts-to-excel/
- Existing customer lists or contacts generated from inbound contact
Alternately you can purchase a list from a list broker such as:
- Data Ireland - http://www.dataireland.ie/Services/Pages/Business-Lists.aspx
- The Bill Moss Partnership - http://www.bill-moss.com/
- A good support article from An Post read Database Marketing - 
- A great list is available from An Post as well - 
- Listbroker.com - http://www.listbroker.com/
- DataBroker - http://www.data-broker.co.uk/
- Or for a list of options http://www.freeindex.co.uk/categories/business_services/marketing/list_brokers/
2 Sample Data
A good free sample is available from http://www.briandunning.com/sample-data/ We're going to use the free 500 UK records to demonstrate with.
We've done the below for you, but if you want to repeat the process.
- Download the zip file.
- Open it up. Inside is a CSV file.
- Open the CSV up and then in Excel use File > Save As.
- Change the Save as type to be "Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls) and save the file to your desktop.