All n One accounts in your bxp system
From All n One's bxp software Wixi
1 All n One accounts
All n One reserve the right to have a minimum of two accounts in every bxp system. These accounts ARE NOT billed to the client.
- Business Development Manager
The Administrator account provides a number of roles for system support and management.
- If a rogue client user accidental resets all system passwords and is unable to get into the system, All n One must have the ability to have an override account to support the system.
- If a rogue client user accidental locks out all accounts, All n One must have the ability to have an override account to support the system.
- By default and for emergency fall back scenarios, where All n One support is required a de-facto account is required to support the system.
1.1.1 Mitigations of the Administrator account
- The name is deliberately split in two to avoid point and click hacking “Admin istrator”
- The name can be changed from Admin istrator but will always remain Id 1 in the system
- As part of the management of bxp systems, the Admin istrator account password is altered on a regular basis
- The Admin istrator by default does not have access to content. So though the account has functional access it does not have content access.
- The audit trail of the system provides the ability to see exactly what the Admin istrator account has done.
1.2 Business Development Manager
The BDM account is used for a number of account support functions
- For billing purposes, on a monthly basis, activity reports are generated by these accounts
- For new functionality demonstration and system expansion this account is used
- For training on the system the BDM accounts provides a controllable
1.2.1 Mitigations of the BDM Account
- The account is in the name of the BDM, usually Nick Wheeler
- The name can be changed from Nick Wheeler but will always remain Id 2 in the system
- As part of the management of bxp systems, the BDM account password is altered on a regular basis
- The BDM by default does not have access to content. So though the account has functional access it does not have content access.
- The audit trail of the system provides the ability to see exactly what the BDM account has done.
2 Other All n One based accounts
All n One also may add further user accounts to a system to provide support and auditability of that support, examples are
- Security - Security representative to perform security checks on our clients behalf
- Developer - Frameworks developers to support and develop API and other server side support queries
- Developer - Project developers to facilitate new program development
- Contact - Contact representatives to facilitate general system setting maintenance and review e.g. Who are the system champions? Are their contact details up to date?
2.1 Mitigations of support accounts
- These accounts can be retired and reactivated as required
- These accounts will have limited functional and content access
- For client convenience these accounts are managed by All n One on the client’s behalf.