Adding an SSL Certificate to WordPress
From All n One's bxp software Wixi
1 Important Notes Before Starting
When requesting your SSL certificate there are a few things that you need to be aware of before even attempting to add it to WordPress.
- The domain needs to be correctly added for the website i.e. bxpsoftware.com is not the same as www.bxpsoftware.com
- When filling out the SSL details use the www. version as this will cover bxpsoftware.com and www.bxpsoftware.com
- A technical contact email is required, only certain email boxes are allowed so you may need to create a new one.
- Your SSL provider will tell you which email addresses are allowed.
- You will need to create or request a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for the certificate, this can be done from cPanel in your hosting or requested from your website administrator.
- Instructions on how to create the CSR can be found by clicking below.
Generate a CSR[]
2 How to Add an SSL Certificate to WordPress
You will need access to the back end of your website. If you do not have this then please contact your website administrator.
Step 1 Login to cPanel on your website. On most websites it can be reached by using your domain home address followed by a colon and a port number. Examples of this: http://www.mydomain.com:2082 or http://www.mydomain.com:2083 were my domain is name of your web domain name i.e. http://www.google.ie:2082.
Step 2 Once you are logged in scroll down to the security section. Select SSL/TLS Manager.
From here you will be given three options. Select Certificates (CRT) - Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
Step 3 Scroll down to Upload a New Certificate and fill in the details required. Either paste the certificate in or upload it.
Click upload certificate and now the certificate will be live in your WordPress site.